My name is Ali and I started baking in college and ever since have loved it but it was not until recently that I found I had real knack for it. I have a full time job and a tiny kitchen but I have decided, with the help of some inadvertent marketing, to make a go at a part time special events baking company.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Here we go

So I guess this is where it all started, my brother's engagement party. I was asked to make my chocolate cake and some cupcakes for the event. The result... a triple layer chocolate cake and carrot cake cupcakes.




Though this was my first attempt at a triple layer cake and it was not as clean as I would have liked, everyone enjoyed it.

At then end of the party there were some left over cupcakes and my mom took them to her school to share with the teachers. This happenstance marketing actually resulted in booking a  gig to make a cake and cupcakes for another engagement party. 

So here we go on my baking journey...

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Al! Sounds like an awesome adventure. You still made the best lava torte I've ever tasted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted last Thursday but its not here!? So I will post again "The mini cupcakes with Xmas frosting were a big hit at Foothill College class last Thursday, everyone said how awesome they were from presentation to flavor." Thanks for your great baking creations!
    Love ya
    U R the Best!

    ReplyDelete