My name is Ali and I started baking in college and ever since have loved it but it was not until recently that I found I had real knack for it. I have a full time job and a tiny kitchen but I have decided, with the help of some inadvertent marketing, to make a go at a part time special events baking company.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Its been a while...

But that does not mean I have not been baking up a storm. 

December is a busy time for me. There is my birthday, my sister's birthday and my dad's birthday. On top of that Christmas and New Year's are just around the corner. 

I made myself a birthday cake because I wanted to try out a new lemon cake recipe. 



The result was tasty but not pretty. The lemon curd filling I made decided to ooze out of the middle. 

I used the same recipe for cupcake to take to the office. They were yummy AND pretty. Lemon cake with lemon butter cream frosting.



I also received a very pretty cup measurer set and tsp/Tbsp set.





They are so pretty! I just have to figure out where to display them.

I also made some mini cupcake for my dad to take to class. Red Velvet with cream cheese butter cream that looked like Christmas Trees.


As you can see I have been busy! I have more coming up too. I am off of work for 2 weeks and plan to make Christmas cookies.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I love the measuring set! Any idea where it came from? Christmas Tree cupcakes turned out cute!

    ReplyDelete