My name is Ali and I started baking in college and ever since have loved it but it was not until recently that I found I had real knack for it. I have a full time job and a tiny kitchen but I have decided, with the help of some inadvertent marketing, to make a go at a part time special events baking company.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Brothers B-Day Cake

I am taking all of the brithday's and events for my family coming up as an opportunity to practice. 
Here are some pictures of my brothers birthday cake. 

It is a vanilla cake filled with lemon curd and blueberries and frosted with a cream cheese butter cream icing.


The flowers were left over from the cowboy cake.


I was able to get a larger cake base so I could add the boarder which really made a difference.


I also added some sparkle with the edible gold power I used to paint the boot on the cowboy cake.

I have some more ideas to try out soon. Maybe I will do some cupcakes today.

If I do I will post the pictures and will be looking for taste testers.

2 comments: